Wednesday 21 September 2011

More scattered button felt brooches.

Over the weekend I made three more scattered button felt brooches. For a more detailed post about how I make these scattered button brooches you can look at my previous post here



I made them in the same way I made my other scattered button felt brooches. I selected three shades of felt per theme in select colours. This time we have blues, yellows and reds. The buttons were all then picked to fit each colour theme!


Just as with the other scattered button brooches, I really enjoyed making these. They are fun to make; deciding which coloured felts best suit, which colours go together, which buttons would look right and fit. 


I think this red one is my favourite of the three new ones. I have a real thing for autumn colours at the moment, it makes me excited for autumn nights, Bonfire night, Halloween, so I love the warm colours of the felt and buttons!


All three of these scattered button brooches are now available in my Etsy shop to buy : www.etsy.com/shops/tealadydesigns
As well as the other colour themed scattered button brooches I made last week!
Hope you like them as much as I do...

1 comment:

Isobel Morrell said...

Seems like a great way to use up bits of felt that you have left over from other projects, as well as making use of the odd-button collection one inevitably builds up over years of dress-making and buying extra buttons - just in case! Thanks for the idea: promise, if I use it, I'll not compete!