Wednesday 28 September 2011

Etsy ads, are they worth it?

So today is the launch of Etsy ads, a new phenomenun only brought to our attention just a week ago. I'll give you a brief description of them for anyone who hasn't heard about them yet! Etsy ads are meant to help boost sales and customers to our shops, through paying to have our items seen in a top banner when searching the Etsy site. The ads work on impressions though, so not actual clicks to your shop or sales. But the ad stats are seperated from your normal shop stats which allows you to see just how exactly they are working! They are $5 for 5,000 impressions and then the price of the ads rises which how many impressions you would like to go for! So that works out at just £3.21 (with the current conversion rate) which isn't that much really, so I thought why not, I'll give it a go!

The ads are due to go live at 1pm UK time (we think) So I will keep you all updated on what I see in the way of ad stats and whether it was a beneficial gamble for me, something to keep using or something to forget about, never to be brought up again...

No comments: